- A quality education requires a safe, secure and supportive learning environment.
- To stimulate independent and divergent thinking through instructional methods which keep pace with the changing demands of society.
- To recognize and value the uniqueness of every student, challenging each to fulfill his or her potential.
- To promote the appreciation of lifelong learning within an environment of excellence.
- The curriculum promotes the development of the Armenian language, as well as the understanding and appreciation of Armenian history and art.
- The School Board of Directors, together with the faculty and parents, will provide the foundation for students’ fulfillment and success.
“We encourage students to develop a strong cultural and individual identity through a well-balanced curriculum of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, computer science, art, music, and physical education.”
- The Armenian General Benevolent Union (A.G.B.U.) Alex & Marie Manoogian School is a nonprofit, coeducational school dedicated to giving students the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills that will make them well-rounded contributors to American society, while at the same time preserving their rich Armenian heritage.
- Established in 1969 and chartered by Central Michigan University since 1995, our curriculum follows the Michigan State Board of Education guidelines for all schools, in addition to emphasizing the study of the Armenian language, history and culture.
- The result is a unique educational program combining the Armenian and American cultures.
- We encourage students to develop a strong cultural and individual identity through a well-balanced curriculum of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, computer science, art, music, and physical education.
- The Manoogian School currently offers non-tuition classes for students in grades K-12, as well as a tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten program for three and four-year-olds.